I think we can all agree that social media isn’t going anywhere. The power of social media and what it can do for any business continues to be something small business owners need to be paying attention to. Part of paying attention to social media and making it part of your marketing strategy would include getting followers. To have any traction with social media, friends and followers is what matters most.
Use these five tips to help you grow your following faster:
- You must actually show up to the party. Social media is all about socializing and if you want to be successful at it, you must show up, engage and participate.
- Be your authentic self. Showing up as anything but authentically you will only work for so long and likely not very long. Social media, and especially broadcasting platforms like Periscope and Blab will show the real you over time, so you may as well just show up that way to begin with.
- Serve! Don’t show up to the social media party and start selling without serving first. It’s like any other social situation. You don’t show up at parties and start telling everyone how great you are and why they should buy from you. You socialize and get to know people, at least that’s what I hope you do when you’re at a party. 🙂 Conversations have a way of making their way to where they need to go.
- Consistency is key. You have to keep showing up over and over and over and over to create a following and make friends on social media. Things move so fast on most social media platforms that people will soon forget you if you quit showing up for any significant period of time.
- Connect with key influencers. This will take your social media game to a whole new level…IF you can get the attention of a main influencer in your space and have them start talking about you.
The recording from a recent broadcast on Periscope is far more detailed on how to grow your followers and make more friends. If you’re on Periscope, please look me up @NadineLarder. Would love to connect with you there.